Environmental Health & Safety Associate
This individual will be responsible for testing workplaces for environmental and Safety hazards in compliance
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment including, but not limited to; PPE, respirators.
- Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment. Prepare or review specifications or orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Conduct Safety audits at our main production facility as well as retail locations to ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Oversee WC injury claims and serve as the liaison between the Company and the WC insurer. Complete claims forms, evaluate light duty requests.
- Maintain all required records and documentation.
- Plan emergency response drills.
- Coordinate a safety committee, using current resources to drive the Safety culture into the organization.
- Inspect fire suppression systems or portable fire systems to ensure proper working order.
- Maintain logbooks of daily activities, including areas visited or activities performed.
- Provide consultation to organizations or agencies on the workplace application of safety principles, practices, or techniques.
- Train workers in safety procedures related to jobs, such as the use of fall protection devices or maintenance of proper ventilation, etc.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Safety Management or related Field
This job operates in a production environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, safety equipment and smartphones as well as works in various parts if the production facility and travels to the retail locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate, read and review documents, create and lift files, open filing cabinets, bend, stand and sit as necessary.