As an online educator you will need to instruct students effectively in designated subject matter. They must convey relevant information efficiently and help students learn the best methods of inquiry in the subject area of the course.
The most important duties of an online educator include:
- Creating a curriculum based on the best knowledge in the field
- Teaching the material with online video lessons
- Leading online discussions of the course material via forums and web chat
- Responding to student comments and questions posted online
- Evaluating student papers, projects, tests and other assessments
- Maintaining records on student progress/grades
An online educator’s work varies considerably depending on class enrollment size. For example, when teaching a MOOC with thousands of enrolled students, an online educator will spend less time responding to questions and handling one-on-one instruction than in a case where an online class consists of only a few dozen students.
We are looking for a committed Online Cannabis Teacher to join our team. As an Online Teacher, your responsibilities will include preparing lesson plans, presenting learning material, and tracking students’ performance.
To be successful as an Online Cannabis Teacher, you should be committed to facilitating learning in a safe and supportive environment. Top-notch candidates will demonstrate a reflexive approach to teaching.
Online Cannabis Teacher Responsibilities:
- Recording and editing lesions for offline courses
- Preparing and delivering lessons to improve students’ reading, writing, and conversing skills.
- Developing educational content such as notes and quizzes.
- Assigning activities to facilitate students’ consolidation of learning material.
- Tailoring your teaching style in accordance with students’ needs.
- Managing interpersonal dynamics to ensure that the class is conducive to learning.
- Tracking and reporting on students’ progress.
- Remaining up-to-date with our learning software.
- Good to have- Tertiary Education in plant biology
- Prior experience working in the cannabis industry (growing, extraction etc)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Own laptop or desktop computer equipped with an HD webcam.
- Fast and stable internet connection.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Organized and attentive to students’ needs.