The Microbiologist is responsible for all microbial assays. They shall report the Lab Manager/Director and be responsible for any junior staff performing duties to support microbial assays.
- Install & maintain any equipment associated with microbial testing
- Write & maintain SOPs associated with microbial testing to ISO standards
- Responsible for all data and analysis of microbial testing in the lab
- Responsible for making sure proper safety/hazard protocols are enforced in microbial area
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Hands on experience in micro-pipetting, 96-well plates, and thermal cyclers
- Experience with PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, sequencing, or other modern microbiology technology
- ISO 17025 experience
- Robotics Experience is a plus
Education and experience required:
- B.S in microbiology
- B.S degree with at least two years of analytical laboratory experience
- For consideration of Sr. Microbiologist: MS or PhD in microbiology or closely related field
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally requires to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as well as work on a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to communicate verbally with customers, vendors and employees on the phone or in person.